I am a Hedrick Visiting Assistant Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mathematics at UCLA, where I am mentored by Mason Porter. My interests include network science, nonlinear dynamics, applied probability, and machine learning. In
my research, I build principled tools for studying the structure and dynamics of complex, networked systems. Recently, I’ve been thinking about spectral properties of hypergraphs, dominance hierarchies in biosocial systems, and nonlinear opinion dynamics on graphs.
I am a passionate educator, and
teach subjects ranging from applied probability to network science to technical computing. I am enthusiastic about evidence-based pedagogy, project-oriented course formats, and inclusion in the classroom. I am also a Partner of
QSIDE, the Institute for the Quantitative Study of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity.
I did my PhD at MIT’s
Operations Research Center under the mentorship of
Marta González and
Patrick Jaillet. My research at MIT was supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- June 1st, 2021: Admitted to the Gold ‘21 Cohort of the MAA’s
Project NExT program! Looking forward to meeting some awesome folks and learn more about innovative pedagogy, student engagement, teacher-scholarship, and equity in the math community.
- May 25th, 2021: Invited presentation at the SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems minisymposium on Mathematics of Inequity and Inequality. I’ll be speaking on “
Emergence of Hierarchy in Networked Endorsement Dynamics” with
Mari Kawakatsu, and
Dan Larremore. Check out the
preprint or the
- February 9th, 2021: Invited talk at AAAI workshop on
Graphs And More Complex Structures For Learning And Reasoning. I’ll be speaking on the
recent preprint “Hypergraph clustering: from blockmodels to modularities” with
Nate Veldt and
Slides for the talk.
- January 26th, 2020: New preprint! “Hypergraph clustering: from blockmodels to modularity” with
Nate Veldt and
- October 28th, 2020: “Moments of uniform random multigraphs with fixed degree sequences is now published in the SIAM Journal on Mathematics of Data Science. You can read the
- July, 2021. I’ll be giving three talks at the Networks 2021 conference: